Friday, April 1, 2011

That special connection

   Welcome to my first blog. I had read that each author should have a blog. I was hesitant at first because this was an unknown place for me. After much urging and help from my son, I finally decided to enter the 'blogosphere'. So here we go...
   I love dogs, a simple statement, but it means so much. I am very fortunate for having been raised in a household where you always heard the click, click sound of a dogs paws walking through the house; where I was greeted each time I came home with a wet slurppy kiss; where I could wake up in the middle of the night and hear the soft breathing of my faithful companion asleep by my side; where no matter what else happened I knew I always had my best friend by my side.  
   At a very young age I became aware that I shared a special connection with dogs and that we were able to communicate with each other. With each dog I have owned I would carry on conversations with them; and through their eyes I was able to 'hear' what they were saying to me. I remember many times my mother would say, "The way you understand that dog, I swear you must have been a dog in a past life."
   Perhaps that's true, or just maybe it's my strong belief that our canine companions have so much they want to share with their human companions, or as they like to refer to us as, the 'two-leggers'.
   The next time you look into your dog's eyes let your imagination roam free and wonder....

           So long, I'll see you soon!

1 comment: