Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Angel

     I believe in angels. I have had too many instances in my life for me not to believe. Guardian Angels are just as the name implies: they guard us, protect us, and give us guidance and advise in difficult times. They come to us in many unexpected ways. Sometimes they arrive without us being aware they are with us. Other times they arrive in disguise to do their work. I would like to share with you one visit I had from my 'Angel'.
     My dog, Willie, was 15 and his health was declining rapidly. I knew that soon I would have to make the decision of having to put him down. But how could I do that to my faithful companion. I needed help.
     My husband at that time and myself went to a local restaurant one afternoon. Sitting at the bar, we were quietly discussing what I should do. A short time after I made the comment that I needed help with this decision, a man entered the room and sat directly across the bar from me.
     Having not heard any of our conversation, the man began talking to me about dogs and soon my dog in particular. He said things like: 15 years is a long life for a mixed breed dog; he's had a very good life with you; it's a tough decision but it's time to let him go. With every word this man said, his eyes were focused on me. A chill went through me as we talked; how could this stranger possibly know all of these things.
     As we chatted a bit about other things we offered to buy him another drink. Staring intently into my eyes, he stood and said, "No thank you. I'll be going now, I've done what I came to do. Good luck with your decision." As he disappeared through the door, I knew instantly who I had been talking with. This was my Guardian Angel, and I knew exactly who the angel was...
     Thanks Mom for your guidance.

     So long, I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment