Friday, April 15, 2011

I Think it was Spring

     Whoa, spring had finally arrived, or so I foolishly thought, or maybe it was just a dream. I thought it was here for a couple days this week, boy was I wrong on that. I had heard that we were to get snow today, but I refused to believe such nonsense. Looking out the window a few hours ago, it was back--snow! The grass that was greening up is white again. With the possibility of getting a couple inches by morning, I'm not liking this one bit, and I know one dog that isn't liking it either--Whitney.
     Arriving home from work today I was greeted in the driveway by neighbor dog Stanley. Stanley appears everyday, anxiously awaiting his playtime with Whitney. Up the steps to the door I went, with Stanley right on my heels. No wait a minute, actually Stanley was at the door before I had my foot on the first step. By the time I reached the deck door Whitney was jumping up and down at the door from the inside saying, 'Let me out, let me out." Stanley was jumping on the outside, saying, "Let me in, let me in."
     When the happy greetings were over, both dogs went outside to play. Soon they wanted in for their treats.Knowing how these two operate together, I knew they would soon want to be back outside.
     Okay, time to go back outside and now the snow has begun. You have to understand that whenever these two step outside together, Stanley sticks to Whitney like glue. When the first snowflake touched Whitney's nose she immediately halted and began to back up. Stanley was still moving forward and nearly tumbled down the slippery steps when he realized Whitney was not at his side. Stanley proceeded to joyously romp in the wet snow. Whitney, who does not enjoy getting her feet wet, was just as joyous inside the house with dry feet.
     Sorry to tell you this, Whitney, but I have a feeling you'll have wet feet for the next couple days.

     So long, I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment