Friday, July 22, 2011

Whitney's Stubborn Refusal

     When I ended my last posting, Stanley was home, safe and sound. However, I did forget to mention that when I pulled off the highway, in search of Stanley, Whitney was convinced that I needed her help in finding him.
     No, Whitney, I can't have you both loose along the highway. She was miffed, but stayed in the car and intently watched, with obvious concern for her friend.
     When I got Stanley home, I could see that Whitney was enjoying the scene of me trying to catch Stanley as he jumped from seat to seat. I don't know if she was laughing at me or cheering her buddy on.
     Finally Whitney and I could continue our important drive to town. Each stop we make, she knows she needs to remain in the car.
     Errands done, we return home. When I parked the car, Whitney refused to leave the car. Ignoring my command to get out of the car, she stubbornly jumped from seat to seat. Hmm...Didn't I just have this experience an hour ago?
     I let her stay in the car and proceeded to carry in the groceries, convinced upon my return she would be out of the car. Wrong! There she sat, with a very determined look on her face. What I heard when I looked into her eyes was, "I'm not getting out of here until you bring me to see Tucker!"
     Being that Whitney has me wrapped around her finger, (I guess I should say paw), and I'm a sucker for those eyes, I drove her to Tucker's house.
     No problem getting her out of the car at Tucker's. She flew across my lap the second I opened my door. She hurried to the house, where Tucker happily greeted us both.
     After the two greeted each other, Whitney rushed inside, obviously in search of Diane. Satisfied at finding Diane, and receiving the all important treat, Whitney proceeded to a favorite window spot. From this spot she is able oversee any activity on the lake.
     With our short visit over, Whitney cooperatively jumped in my car to go home. At home and the car parked in the garage, she gave me a satisfied grin and jumped from her seat in the car.
     I guess all that this girlie girl needed was her Tucker and Diane fix. Now her day was complete!

     So long, I'll see you soon!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment