Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Fireworks Game

     As I ended my last posting, we were preparing for the fireworks to begin around the lake. We moved from the dock to the campfire after being overtaken by the multitude of mosquitoes that swarmed upon us.
     Tucker enjoys the sights and sounds of the fireworks, and after hearing a distant 'boom' he hurried to the shoreline. Clearly anticipating what was to come, he ignored the buzzing of the hungry mosquitoes and eagerly waited for the show to begin. At the sound of the next 'boom', followed by flashes of light, Tucker's excitement increased. He let out a deep bark and raced along the shoreline.
          Whitney, not having a clue as to what was happening, barked and hurried to Tucker's side. Whenever there was a break in the action both dogs reappeared at the campfire. Each time there was a 'boom', Whitney looked to Tucker for guidance as to what needed to be done. She quickly realized that all she needed to do was follow Tucker along the shoreline and bark.
     Whitney can be quite skittish at times, so I was unsure how she would react to the fireworks.  After Tucker's assurances to her beforehand that fireworks are fun, she truly enjoyed this new game.

     When the fireworks were done I brought a very exhausted Whitney home. Sleep came quickly and I'm sure her dreams were filled with visions of her newly discovered 'fireworks game'.
     The next day Whitney was alone for only a few hours, but when I arrived home it was clear that she thought she should go to Tucker's house. When she realized we were staying home, I looked into her eye's and heard, "This is boring, Mama. I just know Tucker has new fun stuff to teach me about."
                                         Another day, girlie girl.

                                        So long, I'll see you soon!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment