Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I Will Be Back

     Last weekend I spent a wonderful long weekend in the cities. The weather wasn't the best, (but where in Minnesota can we find nice weather so far this spring). It was great spending time with family and friends, including my beautiful 8 month old grand niece.
     One thing I enjoy when I am out and about is sharing conversations with strangers, especially when the topic is my favorite subject, dogs. This happened on two separate occasions while on my weekend getaway. To watch a persons eyes light up with excitement as they talk about their beloved pet, is so special. It's amazing how a dog lover can sense when they meet another dog lover, and how willing they are to share stories about their dog. Hmm...that must mean we all have a 'dog sense'.
     All you dog lovers reading this know exactly what I'm saying: we love to talk about our dogs. Give us two-leggers a good listening ear and we could talk for hours.
     Arriving at my friends house on Friday, I was immediately greeted with kisses and happy moans by my dear buddy, Chewy. I have known and loved Chewy for 11 years, but sadly, since moving to my new home, I only see her once or twice a year now. It had been a year since I had spent time with her, and I hoped she had not forgotten me. The greeting I received assured me she remembered all the times we had spent together. Chewy has very intense eyes, and when I looked into her eyes I heard her ask, "Where have you been for so long?"
     Chewy and I had a wonderful time together, and I'm convinced that she thought I was there just to see her. Chewy isn't allowed in the house, for the simple reason that she enjoys being dirty. Her time is spent outdoors or in the warmth of the heated garage. So lets just say she was more than a little miffed when she realized I actually wanted to spend time with her owners. I love you Chewy, and I promise to try my best to make sure a whole year doesn't pass before I see you again.
     I need to tell my faithful followers that I won't be able to do a new posting for a few days. The vision problem that I mentioned in a previous posting has worsened, and I am having surgery tomorrow. Hopefully I will only be in the hospital a day or two and will be back to posting early next week. Stay tuned, my friends.
     Don't worry about our Whitney, she is already under the watchful eye of her big buddy, Tucker.

     So long, I'll see you soon!
     
    

No comments:

Post a Comment