Saturday, June 25, 2011

What a Surprise

     This past week I celebrated a milestone birthday, let's just say it was a 'big' one. DJ orchestrated a wonderful surprise party for me. Usually I figure things out before they happen, but this time I was totally clueless.
     Whitney excitedly met my car as I pulled into our driveway, the evening of the surprise. When she jumped in my open car door, she clearly was saying, "Hurry, hurry, Mama, there's a party going on."
     All the neighbor dogs gathered around me as I stepped from my car. They then hurried me to the open garage, where I was greeted by the sounds of the 'Happy Birthday' song, sung by my awaiting friends. (I must say that you all had a very interesting manner of singing it.)
     Let me say, right now: Thank you, thank you to my friends for sharing this special day with me. I truly appreciated the fun evening.
     Everyone was ready to party, including all the neighborhood 'four-leggers'. Thank you to Tucker for wearing your special party bandanna to the party.
     It has always been obvious that Tucker enjoys all the activity of a party. After experiencing a few parties with Whitney, it is evident that she too, is a true party dog. Not once did either Tucker or Whitney wander away from the festivities. Was it the aroma of good food that kept them close by, or was it that they didn't want to miss out on any of the fun?
     One of the few times that all the dogs gathered together was when the food was placed on the table. All the hungry mouths were hoping that maybe a taste would drop their way.
     Bracken wandered away a few times, but his wandering was to take care of some personal business.
     Stanley, ah what can I say about Stanley. He has the short attention span of a two year old. He stayed close by for a while, but when he was sure no one was watching, he was gone. He was found across the highway, at his Grandpa's house. I'm sure he tried to coax Whitney to go with him on his mission; but her leave a party-- No Way!
     Once Stanley was caught he was banished to his own yard. His punishment? He was now alone, but within earshot of the fun he was missing out on.
     The party now over, Whitney stood in the driveway and stared in disbelief as the last car drove away. Her reluctance to come inside was evidence that she wanted to party on.
     Just be patient you little party animal, I'm sure there will be another party sometime soon.

     So long, I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment