Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Dog Park for a Day

     Yesterday was my 10 day eye checkup. My surgeon told me my retina is attaching well, exactly where it should be at this stage. He reminded me this is a long recovery and it will be awhile before I will be able to see from that eye. Also the cataract that they assured I will get has already begun to develop. It seems awfully quick to me, but what do 'eye' know, I'm just the patient. I'll just sit back and go with the flow.
     Since it is a two hour drive, one way, to my eye doctor, the three dogs had to be left alone. Tucker, being the eldest of the three, was left in charge of the girls. All three were extremely happy to see us when we arrived home. I'm sure Tucker was relieved that his dog-sitting duties were finished for the day. The house was still intact. So thank you, Tucker for keeping the girls in line.
     Sunday, we had a mini dog park in our yard: Tucker, Whitney, Sophie, neighbor dog Bracken stopped by, and not wanting to miss out on the fun, Stanley joined the crowd. It was a fun filled afternoon for all, even the 'two-leggers'.
     Sophie and Stanley ran and played nonstop, with Whitney occasionally joining in. The fast pace was too much for older dogs, Tucker and Bracken. Tucker chose to stand by as 'keeper of the peace'. The rest breaks of the youngsters were few and far between.
     Sophie, if you had Stanley to play with, daily, you would easily shed a few of those extra pounds that cling to you.

     So long, I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment