Monday, August 15, 2011

Here He Comes Again

     When last we saw Stanley the chase was on again and he was dodging my grasping hands. Did I see a bit of laughter in his eyes each time I missed catching his wiggly little body? I believe I did.
     Despite this issue and many indoor pooping surprises, Stanley and I made it through those three days.
     As I previously stated, Stanley is a genuinely happy 'four-legger'. From his early puppy days, he easily amused himself running up and down our long hallway: sometimes tossing a toy as he ran, other times he simply ran for the pure enjoyment of running. 
     As you watch him bounce from place to place, you can almost hear him sing: "Oh, I'm so happy to be me. Oh yes I am, am, am."
     Watching this little 'four-legger' perform some of his unbelievable agility maneuvers, you would swear there is some cat mixed in with his Papillon breed.
     Whitney came on the scene shortly after Stanley's arrival. Having not socialized with other dogs very often, Whitney didn't know how to handle this bouncing ball of energy that was relentlessly in her face.
     To try and get Whitney to play with him, Stanley would, (and still does); bite at her legs and ears. Usually that would get her playing for a short time, but when she was done she clearly let him know that was enough. He would back off and quickly find a few other things to occupy his busy mind.
     At times, Stanley has a very mischievous, naughty side to him. A good example of this would be that I have had a Campbell's Soup doll since I was a child. She sat in a spot that Stanley had passed by countless times, every day. I came home one evening and there sadly sat my now handless doll. The shredded pieces of her tiny hands were strewn across the carpet.
     He was very naughty and he knew it. When he looked up at me with those innocent blinking eyes, I heard, "I don't know what came over me, but I'm really sorry, Auntie Dar."
     As mad as I get at the little stinker, one look into those eyes and it's quickly forgotten. He figured out, very early on, how to use a couple blinks of his eyes to his advantage.
     Stanley is still in puppy mode, but I strongly suspect he will forever be in puppy mode.

     So long, I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment