Saturday, September 10, 2011

What Kind of Assistance is That

     My partner and I have a home based eBay business. When you do something such as this, your merchandise takes up a large amount of space in your home. To utilize our space more efficiently we decided to do some major rearranging.
     The day we began this seemingly impossible task was the same day that neighbor dog Tucker arrived to spend a few days with us. He and Whitney did their own thing, but they each kept a watchful eye on all the activity taking place around them.
     Now with these two extra bodies lazing about, my thinking was, instead of watching us they should be helping us. While verbalizing this suggestion to these two, I looked into their eyes and heard a bit of laughter. As I watched Whitney look up at Tucker, I could almost hear her say, "They want us to do what? Are they crazy?" With a smile on his face, I'm almost certain his reply was, "I think they are, so it's best to just ignore their request."
      As you can see in this picture they did do a fine job of ignoring us. Now I ask you, what kind of assistance is that?
     Of course we both would rather have joined the dogs for a nice nap, but being the responsible two-leggers that we are, we knew that the work needed to get done.
     Day two of our huge project: Another able body arrived on the scene; neighbor dog Stanley. With Whitney, Tucker, and Stanley all here, you would think at least one of them would give some assistance. By the pictures it's clear what the trio's plan of action was.
     Day three: We still have a lot of work to do, but things are beginning to take shape. Our four-legger threesome is still refusing to lend a helping 'paw'.
     Watching the trio laze around again, helped us to decide to take their advice today: Today we rest.

     So long, I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment